Monday, October 10, 2016

"Absurdistan" aka Ethiopia

'Absurdistan' aka -Ethiopia III

I am still trying to understand how the current declaration of State of Emergency by the dictatorial regime in Ethiopia vis-a-vis the legitimate quest of that Ethiopian people that the declaration intends to suppress. 

So far, I could -comprehend it well only in an alternative reality where absurdity is a norm. Imagining a situation where I was robbed by a ‘serial thief’ in broad daylight. And I caught him red-handed and cried ‘thief’. But then, the thief did something absurd- he became angry at me for calling him a thief when I actually should have thanked him for offering me his 'robbery service'. He then declared to the world that he is dismayed at my ‘egregious manners of calling him thief” and that I was insulting his parents by doing so, and that I was being instrument for ‘people’ who hate him and who want to tarnish his name. And finally he demands compensation and threatens to strip me naked because I was guilty of not only offering less valuable items -such as liberty, equality and justice- for him to steal but also for not appreciating him for his ‘robbery service.’  


For a nation that was not only in state of emergency already but led by a party that just a few months ago declared to have been voted to remain in power by 100% of the electorate, to decide to not listen to the people and declare state of emergency because they did this 'unacceptable absurd thing' called exercising democratic rights!?  Absurd? 



Welcome to the federal democratic republic of Absudistan aka Ethiopia.

No comments: